If you would prefer to purchase this record directly from Perry Porter, you can do so through his website.
- The seventh record in the Crane City Music collection (See the whole collection)
- The “Bobby Deluxe” edition is limited to 500 copies. It is pressed on 140g multi-colored spattered vinyl and includes a Color Theory poster, three exclusive Perry Paints prints, and a Bobby sticker pack. Every “Bobby Deluxe” copy is individually signed, numbered and packaged by Perry himself.
- The “Black Excellence” edition is limited to 250 copies. It is pressed on 140g black vinyl.
- There is only one single pressing, released on December 15, 2019. Once these are sold out, they’re gone for good
- Every copy is individually numbered
- Cover photography by visual artist Izzy Vibes
- Specially mastered for vinyl by Adam Straney (BreakPoint Mastering)
Bobby Ro$$ is the debut full-length album from accomplished hip-hop artist and painter Perry Porter. The narrative of Bobby Ro$$ is structured around color theory and takes its inspiration from the rich history of black cultural art. This is evidenced in the brief dialogue snippets from important cultural figures such as Jean-Michel Basquiat, Kara Walker, Maya Angelou that punctuate the music and provide interludes. Perry himself is a painter of gorgeous watercolors. On this project, he inhabits his alter ego Bobby Ross, a trap music avatar of the much-loved PBS painter.
Crane City Music is proud to release Bobby Ro$$ on limited-edition vinyl in two distinct versions: The standard “Black Excellence” version is on black vinyl, while the expanded “Bobby Deluxe” is on multi-colored spattered viny and includes a Color Theory poster, three exclusive Perry Paints prints, and a Bobby sticker pack. Every “Bobby Deluxe” copy is individually signed, numbered and packaged by Perry himself. Bobby Ro$$ is the seventh record in the Crane City Music collection, a library of the hottest recent hip-hop albums from the Pacific Northwest on wax. (See the whole collection here.)
The record assembles a wide variety of Seattle- and Tacoma-area talent, including producers Chong The Nomad, Jamie Blake, and Khris P, alongside rappers Blake Anthony, Romaro Franceswa, and Jarv Dee.
A product of Seattle, WA–by way of Spanaway–Porter started his musical journey as one half of the buzzy local duo Sleep Steady. They received much acclaim in the Pacific Northwest and placed two songs in major video game titles (EA Sports UFC 2 and Cyberpunk 2077). In 2018, he released the solo mixtape Channel Surfing, which was included on numerous Best of 2018 lists. Bobby Ro$$ is his first official solo album.
Perry Porter has opened for national touring artists such as Joey Badass, SuperDuperKyle, and The Flavr Blue, and performed to a sold-out crowd at 2019’s Capitol Hill Block Party music festival.
“An expert at displaying depth and emotion… A skilled rapper and a multimedia threat.” – NPR
“Celebrating black artistry: Porter’s charisma splashes color over prismatic beats… his verses rife with clever quips and sure-handed wordplay.” – KEXP
“Tacoma talent Perry Porter shows there’s no limit to what he can do… Each track’s moods and themes are explained through color-theory.” – The Seattle Times
“Perry Porter paints a masterpiece with his latest album.” – Respect My Region